My Approach as a Psychiatrist – Beyond Medication
Welcome to my psychiatry, psychotherapy and family counseling practice. I serve adults, children and teens throughout the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in Marin, Sonoma & Contra Costa. It is my goal to work in partnership with you to consider all factors which may be influencing your mental health and well being, and together design a "health recovery plan" to support your own resilience and innate healing response.
My philosophy is pragmatic, not theoretical. The focus is not merely on the treatment of symptoms of disorder, but on achieving health, a higher level of function, and a renewed sense of purpose, meaning, and joy. I strive to provide responsive and effective help with compassion and respect, and believe it is a privilege to be in a position to help you, and make a difference in people’s lives and future.
Within an open and caring relationship, I provide comprehensive diagnostic evaluations, personal health recovery plans, expertise in psychopharmacology and nutraceuticals, and psychotherapy for people of all ages who may be experiencing:
- Depression or Bipolar Disorder
- All Anxiety Disorders, including Social Anxiety, Agoraphobia, Panic, PTSD and OCD
- ADHD, with hyperactivity or inattentive subtypes, in children, teens, and adults
- Addictions – drugs/alcohol, food and behavioral (sex, gambling, etc.)
- Schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders
- Asperger’s and Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Medical problems with neuropsychiatric sequelae, including Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia and Mitochondrial Dysfunction
- Life transitions, crises and traumatic events, such as Marital, Family and Parenting Problems
In addition to my clinical psychiatric practice in the San Francisco Bay Area, I also provide “2nd Opinion” consultations to physicians, psychotherapists, and other health professionals, as well as Forensic Expert Services throughout California and the United States.
Adult, adolescent, child and family psychiatry services are offered throughout the San Francisco Bay Area convenient to Marin County: Belvedere, Corte Madera, Fairfax, Larkspur, Mill Valley, Novato, Ross, San Anselmo, San Rafael, Sausalito, Tiburon; Sonoma County: Cotati, Petaluma, Rohnert Park, Santa Rosa, Sebastopol, Sonoma; San Francisco; Contra Costa County: Alamo, Danville, El Cerrito, Lafayette, Moraga, Orinda, San Ramon, Walnut Creek, Concord, Pinole, Hercules, Richmond, El Cerrito, Martinez, Vallejo, Benicia; Alameda County: Oakland, Berkeley, Albany, Emeryville, Piedmont, Alameda, Castro Valley, Hayward, Fremont, Dublin, Pleasanton, Livermore; and Napa County